All of my thoughts. Everything I dream, cry, and smile about.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sea Kayaking and The Love of the Ocean

Yesterday, Trev and I went Sea Kayaking at the La Jolla Cove. It was one of the best experiences I've had. I, of course, love to go and do new things, so this was amazing. We borrowed Trev's good friend's kayak and we launched it at the cove. As we kayaked to the middle of the ocean, we stopped at the cliffs by the children's pool and watched the seals. To see them was amazing. We couldn't stop laughing as we watched them. One even popped up right next to our kayak and just stared at me. Haha, I was for sure it was going to launch right at our boat, but it just went right back under. We then went into a cave. It was low tide so we could see everything SO WELL. We didn't even need snorkels to see the fish under water. The cave was amazing. So silent. The only thing you could hear were the waves crashing on a little beach at the end of the cave. I wish I had a camera so bad. While in the cave you look back out the way you came and there's only a little pinch of light reflecting on the water. It's amazing. We'll definitely be doing it again soon. I recommend it to everyone!


Trev and I do so many things in the ocean. He is such a water guy. He's a beach lifeguard and has been in the water his whole life so I of course am now a water gal right along with him. Whenever I go near the beach or see the ocean, I immediately think Trevor, and I love that.



Here's a poem I just wanted to write up about the ocean. For me, a poem is the perfect way to expain how I feel.


The Ocean has taken my heart

And completely made a mark

The Beach has had a part

In making memories of you, love


Love, you have taken something so dull

And have given it life

Love, you’ve made the ocean something new

The beach a whole new view


Never will you leave my heart, love,

Because the mark is just to grand

The ocean is just too large

And the beach is just too small.

No comments: